Welcome! Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of the BC Fishing Resorts & Outfitters Association.
We represent over 130 fishing resorts and outfitters across BC. Read more about how we can help your fishing business.
Benefits of becoming a member
- Co-op Marketing Program
- Industry Representation
- Unique Insurance Program
- Bonding Program
- Website Listing
- Members Only Newsletter
- Discounts from Associate Members including Accent Inns, Enterprise and National Rental Cars, Global Payments and more…
Do you have a place to call when you feel the Government is not listening to you? We have been addressing issues with Government offices and agencies on behalf of the members for over 30 years. We are a province-wide group founded in 1977 to be “the Voice of the Sport Fishing Industry”, one of B.C.’s pioneer industries. Our members are owners of freshwater and saltwater fishing resorts, camps or guides located throughout B.C. The BCFROA is dedicated to providing a quality experience for member business owners.
Co-op Marketing Program
A comprehensive marketing program, including print advertising, web advertising, TV Show Features, and attending consumer shows to hand out member’s brochures.
A Unique Insurance Program
A very competitive rates available only to members. Covers Fire and All Risks as well as $5 Million Public Liability. Special vacancy coverage during your off season, as well as your other unique insurance requirements. Call Rick Frost of Hub International at 1-800-661-6194 or 250-372-3517 for a no-obligation quote to learn how much membership can save you in insurance premiums.
If you lease Crown Land and are required to post a Performance Bond — we have a program that can’t be beat. BCFROA Bond Program fees potentially put thousands of dollars back into your pocket!
All our members have a free web page, plus a link to their own website. Check out our consumer website at wheretofishinbc.com.
A monthly e-newsletter. A way to know what’s going on in our Industry, a heads up on important developing issues like changes in government policies, and handy operating tips.
Preferred Visa and MasterCard Rate
This allows you to do everything over a touch tone phone or with a POS machine. Our program with Global Payments offers members a preferred rate of 1.64% and 1.69% on Visa and MasterCard, respectively.
Categories of Membership
- Regular Membership. Annual membership dues are $495.00 + GST = $519.75
- Small Membership. if you gross under $30,000 per year. Annual membership dues are $325.00 + GST = $341.25. Proof of income is required.
- *New Guide Membership. for Guides and Assistant guides that do not offer Accommodation. Annual Guide membership dues are $250.00 + GST = $262.50. Assistant Guide dues are $100.00 + GST = $105.00.
* Because our fiscal year starts on October 1st , we are prepared to pro-rate our membership dues based on the number of months remaining to September 30th.
- For Regular Membership multiply the number of months x $41.25 + GST
- For Small Membership multiply the number of months x $27.08 + GST
- For Guide Membership multiply the number of months x $20.83 + GST. Assistant Guide multiply the number of months x $8.33 + GST
To validate your membership, please return the completed membership application and the signed code of conduct with your cheque. We also accept credit card payments over the phone.
Please also send in a few copies of your brochure to display on our store-front pamphlet rack and to take along to tradeshows.
If you need any further information, please do not hesitate to give us a call @ 1-866-374-6836 or email.
Thank you for taking the time to look over the benefits of membership. Many of your colleagues have joined our Association — can we work for you?